This braid is a completely different construction to Braids # 1 and #2. The braid forms in a diagonal manner and exits the plate at an angle. The surface pattern is also diagonal. The Japanese name for this braid is Anda Gumi.
1. Position 4 cords along the top in slots 4, 5, 6 and 7. Position 4 cords along the bottom in slots 14, 15, 16 and 17. Position a cord in slot E and slot e on the sides.
2. Start at the top left and move the cord in slot 4 down to slot 13. Then move the cord in slot 14 to slot 4.
3. Continue to work across the plate, moving the cords from top to bottom and bottom to top, 5 to 14, 15 to 5, 6 to 15, 16 to 6, 7 to 16 and 17 to 7.
4. Move the cord in slot e down to slot 17.
Move the cord in slot E across to e
Move the cord in slot 13 up to E
5. Repeat all the moves until the braid is the required length.
The move which controls the tension is the move from E to e. Do not pull hard on this move and try to make sure you are consistent, otherwise the width and the sides of the braid will be uneven.