This is the first necklace tutorial in the Prumi-stitch series of designs. Prumi-stitch is the name given to the combination of braiding on the Prumihimo Disk and embellishing the braid with bead stitching. This tutorial will guide you through two different embellishment techniques, using a beading needle and thread, to make a striking necklace, which combines the very best of stitiching and braiding. In this design the embellishment is worked on both the front and one side of the braid, creating an intricate and delicate effect, with a smooth inner surface to necklace, for comfortable wear. The design is very versatile and can easily be adapted to different beads and cords. Advice on how to do this is included. No prior experience of bead stitching is required, but it is not adviseable to attempt this design before you have practised braiding with the Prumihimo disk and can braid confidently and accurately.
Important – This necklace is made on the Prumihimo Disk, which is available by clicking here.
– Intermediate design.
– Instructions on how to finish the braid and attach the ends are included
– Full colour step-by-step photos and links to supporting videos
– Written by a regular contributor to UK and International magazines, workshop tutor, television and YouTube demonstrator
– Both metric and imperial measurements given
– This is a PDF file and will be available to download once payment is confirmed. I cannot provide printed copies, but you will be able to print the file yourself
– DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS. Once payment has been made with PayPal it is important to return straight back to this site from PayPal. On the ‘Thanks for your Order’ screen be sure to click on the RETURN TO PRUMIHIMO link. You will be returned to the Checkout Page. Scroll down to find the order details and click on this link, Download file: (name of tutorial).pdf. If you have any problems please contact me using the contact details on this site and I can email the tutorial to you.
– All conversions are approximate
– This tutorial may not be copied, distributed or sold in any form and is for your personal use only. You are welcome to sell jewellery made using these instructions, but please make sure that you credit me for the design.
– For sales to European countries other than the UK please email me