The Prumihimo Disk is perfect for braiding with unusual beads and this tutorial makes use of the Arcos and Minos par Puca beads. These have been developed to be used together in bead weaving and bead embroidery, but they are perfect for use with this disk. The Arcos beads are crescent-shaped with 3 holes and the Minos beads are single-hole barrel shaped beads, which fit into the inside curve of the Arcos bead. In this design they are braided into the design and then the extra holes are used to add beads along the sides of the braid. This not only stabilises the braided beads, but also adds attractive embellishment to the design.
Please note that this tutorial is also offered as part of the launch package for the Prumihimo Book when it is bought from this site. If you have purchased the book from Prumihimo you will receive this tutorial by email. You do not need to purchase it separately. It is being made available here for those who do not wish to purchase the book from this site.
Important – This necklace is made on the Prumihimo Disk, which is available by clicking here.
– Intermediate design.
– Instructions on how to finish the braid and attach the ends are included
– Full colour step-by-step photos
– Written by a regular contributor to UK and International magazines and a guest designer on UK TV
– Both metric and imperial measurements given
– This is a PDF file and will be available to download once payment is confirmed
– DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS. Once payment has been made with PayPal it is important to return straight back to this site from PayPal. On the ‘Thanks for your Order’ screen be sure to click on the RETURN TO PRUMIHIMO link. You will be returned to the Checkout Page. Scroll down to find the order details and click on this link, Download file: (name of tutorial).pdf. If you have any problems please contact me using the contact details on this site and I can email the tutorial to you.
– All conversions are approximate
– This tutorial may not be copied, distributed or sold in any form and is for your personal use only. You are welcome to sell jewellery made using these instructions, but please make sure that you credit me for the design.
– For sales to European countries other than the UK please email me